Terms & Conditions
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, AND RELEASE:
By signing up for and/or attending classes, events, activities, and other programs and using the premises, facilities and equipment, or any other location or venue where Lyfecycle is providing services (individually and/or collectively, the “Classes and Facilities") of Lyfecycle LLC, I hereby acknowledge on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns, that there are certain inherent risks and dangers in indoor cycling and exercise equipment in association with the Classes and Facilities. I acknowledge that some of these risks cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to
avoid injuries. I also acknowledge that the specific risks vary from one activity to another, but range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises,
and sprains; (2) major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions; and (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I have read and thoroughly understand the Lyfecycle Bike Safety Instructions that were provided to me by Lyfecycle staff. At all times, I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions given to me by staff. If in the subjective opinion of the Lyfecycle staff, I would be at physical risk participating in Lyfecycle's Classes, I understand and agree that I may be denied access to the Classes and Facilities until I furnish Lyfecycle with an opinion letter from my medical doctor, at my sole cost and expense, specifically addressing Lyfecy cle's concerns and stating that Lyfecycle's concerns are unfounded. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and access the Classes and Facilities, I hereby (1) agree to assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by me in relation to the Classes and Facilities, (2) release, indemnify, and hold harmless Lyfecycle, its direct and indirect parent, subsidiary affiliate entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to participation in the Classes or use of the Facilities, and (3) represent that I (a) have no medical or physical condition that would prevent me from properly using any of Lyfecycle's Classes and Facilities, (b) do not have a physical or mental condition that would put me in any physical or medical danger, and (c) have not been instructed by a physician to not participate in physical exercise. I acknowledge that if I have any chronic disabilities or conditions, I am at risk in using Lyfecycle's Classes and Facilities, and should not be participating in any classes. I have read this Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release Agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights including my right to sue Lyfecycle under certain circumstances. I acknowledge that I am signing this waiver freely and voluntarily. The term of this waiver is indefinite.
VALUABLES AND PERSONAL PROPERTY:
I acknowledge that I have been urged to avoid bringing valuables on to the Facilities and that Lyfecycle shall not be liable for the loss of, theft of, or damage to my personal property, including items left in lockers, bathrooms, studios, or anywhere else in the Facilities. I acknowledge that no portion of any fees paid by me is in consideration for the safeguarding of valuables.
*Lyfecycle reserves the right to deny access to any person Lyfecycle deems to be acting in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
Members must cancel 3 hours prior to class or will risk losing their series from current package.
BIKE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Ensure that adjustment knobs (seat height, seat fore-and-aft, and handlebar) are properly secured and do not interfere with range of motion during exercise.
2) Children under 4'11" should not ride the Lyfecycle bike. The bike mechanism and ergonomics are designed for riders above 4'11".
3) Do not insert any object, hands or feet into any openings, or expose hands, arms or feet to the drive mechanism or other potentially moving part of the bike.
4) The maximum weight for individuals riding the Lyfecycle bike should not exceed 159 kilograms.
5) The Lyfecycle bike has a weighted flywheel and a fixed gear. This means that in order to stop, you must gradually slow your pedal strokes rather than stopping abruptly. If you do need to stop immediately, push down on the resistance knob. Do not dismount the bike or remove your feet from the pedals until both the pedals and the flywheel have stopped completely. Failure to comply may lead to loss of control and serious injury.
6) After exercising, turn the resistance knob to increased resistance so that the pedals will not rotate freely and potentially injure someone.
7) If at any time you feel dizzy or have difficulty breathing, gradually stop pedaling and dismount the bike.
8) Listen to your body, ride at your own pace, and set your bike's resistance at the level that feels right for you.
9) Keep children and pets away from the bike whenever it's in use.
10) Never turn the pedal crank arms by hand.
11) Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout your ride as needed.
12) Always keep some resistance on the flywheel.
13) Stay in control by executing all core movements and hand positions at a slow pace before attempting to increase your speed. Do not attempt to ride the Lyfecycle bike in a standing position at a high RPM until you have practiced at slower speeds.
14) Focus on form, posture, and making smooth transitions between movements.
15) Do not use the Lyfecycle bike without proper footwear. Never operate the bike with bare feet. The pedals are compatible with Look Delta and SPD clips.
16) Never remove your feet from the pedals while still in motion. If your foot does become disengaged, quickly move your feet to the side and push down on the resistance knob to stop the flywheel's motion.
17) Keep at least 10" on either side of the Lyfecycle bike clear.